The MQI Coaching Virtual Institute is an opportunity for math coaches and supervisors to learn best practices and leverage resources from our team at Harvard University, so that they can replicate our positive results in their own school or district.
The training will focus on the Mathematical Quality of Instruction (MQI) rubric—the cornerstone of our success—and how to use it as an effective coaching tool. The curriculum provides participants with an in-depth understanding of the MQI Coaching model and hands-on experience using the MQI to guide teachers’ growth. The institute is geared toward instructional leaders in mathematics; particularly those who are providing feedback and support for mathematics teachers.
After attending the Institute, participants will have:
- a working knowledge of the MQI rubric
- an effective coaching model that can be applied in a variety of contexts
- an overview of the research that led to the development of MQI Coaching
- access to the MQI video library
- access to up to two follow-up webinars in the fall
- option to access continuing professional support throughout the school year
Registration Coming Soon
See "Dates and Fees" below for more details.
Does your school or district have a group of instructional leaders who might benefit from taking this training together? Would you like the MQI Coaching Virtual Institute customized to meet your school or district’s needs? MQI Coaching facilitators can work with your school or district and offer this same training, customized for your context.